Friday, November 22, 2019

CHRISTMAS MEETING - FRIDAY 29 NOVEMBER 2019, 2.30 PM

Dear All

Please note that our ‘Christmas’ meeting will be at Sprotbrough Methodist Church Hall as St Mary’s will be preparing for their Christmas Fayre. 

As most of you know, we have been flooded out and life is a bit difficult with regard to planning meetings of any sort.  I have had to get a new computer, which I don’t really understand, but am doing my best to keep in touch.  I hope this reaches most of you and I will put a message on Facebook for those who aren’t on emails.

As this is our Christmas meeting and we won’t be meeting again until the end of January 2020, we thought we would try to create a more party atmosphere.  Meryl has agreed to bring some food and Cynthia is providing a fruit punch and coffee, tea, etc.  We will be talking about anything to do with our Christmases in the 1950s, but wondered about including a few party games.

So, would everyone try and bring a photo of themselves in childhood to see if others can identify them.  If you all bring them to me in secret when you arrive, so that no-one else sees them in advance, I will put them up around the room.  

I think musical chairs or spin the plate might be a bit much, but we could have pass the parcel! Any other remembered games welcome.

A Sprotbrough quiz might be possible if we can think of any questions!

I am a bit worried that this will not reach everyone in the group as my contact list seems to be non-existent at the moment and hope you will spread the word.  

Liz






No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW NAME, NEW GROUP:  SPROTBROUGH VILLAGE HISTORY GROUP What follows is the last of the SpRotbrough Oral History Group Notes as, following p...