Thursday, March 21, 2019

NEWSLETTER 6 - 21 MARCH 2019 MEETING


Just a reminder that the next meeting will be on Friday 29 March 2019 at 2 pm.  I’m not sure whether it will be in the Church Hall or The Stables this time, but I’m sure you’ll find out when you get there.

I’m afraid I won’t be there as I’m on holiday, but Cynthia will be in charge so I’m sure all will be fine.

We have done several interviews since we last met and more are lined up.  They’ve gone very well and provided lots of information which will be useful.  I’ve also had information from someone in Australia which was very interesting.

I have applied for a grant to enable us to pay for room hire and various pieces of equipment as well, which will be helpful if we get it!  I hope it will enable us to continue meeting after the initial project has finished, perhaps a Local History group, if enough are interested.

Don’t forget, meetings are open to anyone interested in sharing or learning about the history of Sprotbrough Village from 1925 to 1965, so do feel free to come and meet other enthusiasts, as well as telling others about it.  

See you in April.

Liz

Contacts:

Liz Reeve, Tel 01302 313030; Email: soh.lizreeve@gmail.com
Cynthia Ransom, Tel: 01302 728310;  Email: cynthiaransom@gmail.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW NAME, NEW GROUP:  SPROTBROUGH VILLAGE HISTORY GROUP What follows is the last of the SpRotbrough Oral History Group Notes as, following p...